We are an automotive supplier, a partner to all automakers worldwide. As a technological company, we design innovative products and systems that contribute to reduction of CO2 emissions and to development of automated driving. In our Research and Development center in Prague we employ seven hundred engineers. They are those who stand behind the latest systems of active safety (ADAS) and autonomous driving. What does it mean? Software, hardware engineers, together with mechanical designers, test and system engineers develop sensors and systems for safe and comfortable driving. Automated parking systems, automated emergency braking, blind spot detection and road sign recognition are just a few examples.
System Engineer Designing Systems for Parking Assistants
The ultrasonic systems department is developing various types of parking assistants: from simple passive "beep" systems to active self-parking systems. It also cooperates with other departments to continually improve functions. For example, parking between objects (cars, buildings, garage) might be based on ultrasonic sensors only. However, if we need to park "between the lines", the fusion of ultrasonic sensors and cameras is necessary. Valeo’s new-generation automatic parking system, the Valeo Park4U® Remote is a fully automatic solution that even allows the driver to leave the vehicle before the parking maneuver, while retaining control via smartphone. The ultrasonic systems department is currently developing other features in which ultrasonics can be used, such as door opening control or blind spot detection at lower speeds.
We are looking for a skilled SYSTEM ENGINEER, who will play a key role in the development process from the very beginning (concept definition) to the end of the project (validation, serial production, presenting to the customer). System Engineer is a specialist with overall knowledge of the whole system - HW, SW, mechanics etc.
- Develop System Architecture Design based on the system requirements, working closely with each of the R&D teams to ensure all sub-system interfaces are defined
- Liaise with system test engineer to ensure traceability from integration test cases to the unique System Architecture requirements
- Review of Customer Requirements and subsequent translation into internal Systems Requirements Specification, perform engineering assessment of all Change Requests
- Produce & take ownership of System FMEA in the project
- Perform problem management role interfacing with customer, allocation of system bugs to appropriate functions and leading a weekly review
- Carry out activities in relation to functional safety (ISO26262) where applicable
- Participate in Technology / Supplier / Tool Selection etc. for new developments
LET'S TALK ABOUT YOU...
- University Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years experience in technical area working with software, hardware, testing, etc.
- Good level of English to communicate within international teams
- Flexibility to travel and Driving license B
- Requirements tools/design tools/SW development process is an advantage
- Basic German language knowledge is an advantage
- Proactive, quality oriented engineering attitude and team spirit
- 6 weeks of vacation per year
- flexible working hours and home office possibility
- variable remuneration - monthly and semester bonuses depending on team and company results
- contribution to the pension insurance after the probation period, 5% from the gross salary
- meal vouchers and free time vouchers on Flexi Pass card
- possibility of Multisport card
- fitness room and external sports ground (football, basketball, volleyball) on site
- mobility support for commuting, accommodation and moving services if you live over 20km away
- company canteen offering a selection of international cuisine
- easy access to work by Prague metro line A, car parking for all employees
- personal development program through technical trainings and language courses
- regular company teambuilding events
- outdoor relax zone with a barbecue space for teambuilding
- discounted prices of car spare parts and accessories
- possibility to see the whole development process in one place from an idea (customer requirement) to a product testing and manufacturing