About the Position
This position is for a Field Team Leader to direct monitoring and evaluation activities in the field as requested by the Department of State. The Field Manager must be located in Ukraine, preferably in a central location, and preferably be fluent in the Ukrainian language. Russian language fluency is also desirable. The Field Manager will be primarily responsible for product delivery, quality control, and assistance with training efforts of the field Technical Team Members.
- Serves as the main contact and liaison with Senior Program Manager in the contractor’s headquarters to ensure proper implementation, adequate monitoring, and sufficient coordination of all field activity occurs.
- Oversee field operations and logistics for field monitors.
- Closely tracks and assesses program-related and external developments at the field level to provide progress reports to the Senior Program Manager.
- Establishes a robust monitoring and reporting framework into which monitoring operations in the field will feed key information related to program progress and field developments.
- Responsible for the design and quality delivery of data collection, storage, and analysis procedures. Creates data collection tools and conducts data collection when deemed necessary.
- Works closely with the Senior Program Manager to ensure field staff accountability for the collection of data and ensure the incoming field reports are strong, accurate, and capturing necessary information.
- Reviews incoming data/reporting for strength, completeness, consistency, clarity, and accuracy.
- Implements data quality assurance activities such as data verification and spot checks of data collected by field staff and consultants.
- Reports on data quality to the field monitors/Technical Consultants; provides feedback to field monitors on how to strengthen their data collection techniques.
- Reviews data following translation to ensure that the translation is accurate and appropriate to the raw data.
- Assists with training of the field monitors/Technical Consultants on data collection and analysis methodology techniques.
- Demonstrated educational experience of at least a Bachelor's degree and a Master’s degree in a relevant field of study (Public Policy/Administration, Social Sciences, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation, etc.).
- At least 10 years of previous experience in a similar role, or combination of prior project management and M&E experience; solid grasp of the principles of outcome-oriented monitoring and evaluation necessary.
- Ability to analyze both qualitative and quantitative data.
- Demonstrated work experience in Eurasian countries.
- Demonstrated skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with a variety of stakeholders of different backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to provide effective leadership, to manage teams and transfer advice and knowledge to team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and ability to effectively communicate key M&E principles and concepts.
- Demonstrated excellence in oral and written communications; able to effectively communicate in English at native speaker level to a wide range of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team-oriented environment.
- Analytical mind, with strong attention to detail.
- Fluent in English (strong writing skills necessary).
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines and prioritize deliverables in a timely manner to meet quick turnaround.
- Ukrainian fluency
- Russian fluency
- Understanding of digital security practices